GAR Bennett understands the difficulties in farming, and we have developed an outstanding, time saving solution to address food and worker safety compliance requirements. GAR Bennett’s food safety program covers the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), GLOBALG.A.P. and PrimusGFS. Our Worker Safety program complies with the Department of Pesticide (DPR), Cal/OSHA Worker Safety Training regulations. All our programs are tailored to fit each grower’s operational requirements and are offered as either partial or full programs.
Proper training, adherence and monitoring protects your workers from injuries and reduces your operational costs, worker compensation claims and insurance premiums. Maintaining your GFSI certification and advancing in Good Agricultural Practices keeps your export program on par with FDA regulations. Contact the GAR Bennett compliance team today to avoid hefty fines and make staying compliant with ever changing regulations hassle-free.
GAR Bennett’s Food Safety Program covers GLOBALG.A.P. and PrimusGFS, helping growers receive certification and advance in Good Agriculture Practices. Our services also help growers get in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act, also known as FSMA.
Our program includes:
- Bilingual consultants
- Keeping documentation updated and maintained as required by GLOBALG.A.P. and PrimusGFS
- Help monitor water testing, residue testing and manure usage
- Monitor equipment maintenance and calibration
- Chemical storage inspections
- Harvest crew inspections
- Scheduling audits and unannounced audits
Proper training, adherence and monitoring protects your workers from injuries and reduces your operational costs, worker compensation claims and insurance premiums.
GAR BENNETT’S DPR PROGRAM
- Bilingual trainers
- Complete employee history and documentation with required training records including: Annual Pesticide Trainings, Respirator Fit Testing (medical clearance required), Label Trainings and Hazard Communications
- Updating and monitoring required DPR files
- Specialized, written programs tailored to your farming operation including all required DPR documentation in Spanish and/or English
- Annual Pre-Headquarters Inspection
GAR BENNETT’S Cal/OSHA PROGRAM
- IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Program) tailored to your farming operation
- Safety Trainings including but not limited to: Tractor Safety, Heat Illness, Food Safety, Harvest Safety, Health/Hygiene Training, Chainsaw Safety, Air Quality Index (AQI) Training and Awareness
- COVID-19 Prevention Program and Trainings
- Accident/illness response and reporting policies
- Farm or packing house monitoring and inspection for compliance adherence
Worker Safety Lead
Worker Safety Trainer
Food Safety Trainer
We’re using both worker safety and food safety programs with GAR Bennett. It would be impossible to keep up with all the changes in regulations myself, so I rely on the experts to keep me compliant. The program saves me a lot of time and worry so I can do what I love, which is farming.